Thursday, July 5, 2012

I'm Back!

It's been a long, long journey, but I'm back and so excited to see everyone at the farmers' market this weekend. I encourage you not to let the heat get you down. Farmers' markets need patrons all year round, not just when the weather is good. Besides, I have some fabulous pastries this weekend, and I would hate for you to miss out!
New this week are a couple items I've been plotting for some time. The first is a homemade vanilla extract. I've infused grain alcohol with sun-cured Madagascar vanilla beans for a couple months now, and I'm selling the extract in 4 ounce bottles for $8. Each bottle has a whole vanilla bean still steeping in the alcohol. This is good stuff!
I will also have a selection of herbal bitters for sale. Bitters are primarily used as an after-dinner digestive. Particularly after a big meal, bitters are just the thing to soothe a sour stomach. They also happen to be fantastic in cocktails. I'll have several varieties available for sampling including Dragon's Breath (spicy bitters, perfect for adding to a Bloody Mary or a cheap beer), Mint-Maté, Five Spice (clove, cinnamon, star anise, ginger, and fennel), Classic Orange, and more.
Finally, I've made some lovely reusable coffee cozies from organic felted wool. They're bright and beautiful and perfect for your morning to-go cup of coffee.
This week's pastries:

-Cheddar Scallion Cathead Biscuits--$4

-Blueberry Lemon Scones--$3

-Peach Brown Butter Scones--$3

-Apricot Cornmeal Scones--$3

-Lemon-Cornmeal Loaf With Blueberries--$3/slice or $5/mini loaf

-Banana Apricot Bread--$3/slice or $5/mini loaf

-Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Brownies--$3

-Roasted Potato, Bacon, and Jalapeño Galettes in a Rye Crust--$5

-Tomato-Ricotta Tarts--$5

-Mimosa Pound Cake--$4/slice

-Electric Lime Shortbreads--$3/bag

-Fresh Ginger Cakelets--$2/piece or 3 for $5

-Ideal Granola--$7/12 ounces

No comments:

Post a Comment