Friday, November 30, 2012

Market Square Holiday Market 12/1/12

The holiday markets are finally here! I'll be featuring some holiday-exclusive items at my booth these last four weeks of market, including lots of tasty gifts for those on your list. I will also have order forms available for those of you who would like to order items in quantity for holiday office parties, family get-togethers, gift-giving en masse, etc. You do the celebrating and let me do the baking!

Also, some very exciting news for Little Blue...I finally found a good kitchen space to work in and a great place to sell my baked goods over the winter. Tea At the Gallery is a really sweet little space in Bearden (on Kingston Pike, in the same shopping center as the Fresh Market) run by a coterie of lovely ladies. They have a huge selection of loose leaf teas, and they serve a full tea service as well as light lunches. They have very graciously offered me the use of their kitchen and will be carrying some of my baked goods through the winter (and beyond). Right now, the only items I have for sale there are my shortbreads and granola (slightly more expensive than at market, as I'm selling on consignment), but there will be more very soon. I'll keep you in the loop.

I will also be selling some of my baked goods at a new little butcher shop in Alcoa called The Local. It will be opening in January and will feature, as you might expect, lots of high-quality meat butchered by a professional, but also locally-made artisanal products by people like me! I know Shawn (owner of The Local) has talked to Jim Smith (hot sauce guru that I'm sure a lot of you know from the market) about selling his goods there as well, so you might think about making a trip down Alcoa way in 2013 to help support this fledgling business (it's located on Calderwood St., right across from the Shrimp Dock).

Now for this week's eats and treats.

Little Blue Hot Cocoa Mix and Homemade Marshmallows--$3/bag (if you've never had homemade marshmallows before, you must try them--like eating a fudgy cloud)

Baker's Bundle (a wooden berry basket lined with burlap and filled with an 8-ounce bottle of my double-strength vanilla extract, a bag of vanilla sugar, and 3 Tahitian vanilla beans)--$12

Bartender's Bundle (a berry basket lined with burlap and filled with 4 different flavors of my homemade bitters)--$10

Party Mix (think grown-up Chex Mix--contains mixed nuts, pumpkin seeds, pretzels, puffed rice, puffed sorghum, and my homemade spice blend)--$7/12 oz

Boozy Fruit Cakes (the real deal, folks--a fruit cake packed with walnuts, figs, dates, raisins, dried plums, cherries, and candied orange peel, soaked in spiced rum and wrapped in rum-soaked cheesecloth--these have been aged for 4 weeks to improve their flavor and can be kept until Christmas and beyond, if you choose)--$12 for a 1-pound loaf

Seeded Granola--$7/12 oz

Pumpkin Seed Brittle--$3/4 oz

Earl Grey Shortbreads--$2/bag

Lemon Meringue Tartlets (homemade all-butter tart shells filled with my extra-tart lemon curd and topped with a cloud of toasted meringue)--$5

Kale and Parmesan Scones--$3 (local kale)

Cranberry-White Chocolate Scones--$3

Leek and Sweet Potato Quiches--$5 (local sweet potatoes)

Croissants (plain, chocolate, ham and cheese, and almond)--$3, $4, and $5

I will also have order forms available for any of you who would like to place a holiday order.

Looking forward to seeing you all! The weather should be most lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment