Thursday, December 20, 2012

Holiday Market 12/22/12

The last farmer's market is upon us, folks! It promises to be a chilly but sunny day, so bundle up, grab a hot cup of coffee, and come out in force to support your local farmers, bakers, and artisans on our last market of the season.

I will be set up until 3 p.m., as staying until 7 on a frosty day is just not my thing, especially as I am behind on Christmas preparations. However, I will have the superb pastries you have come to know and love. I will be set up in a different spot, though. Charlotte has me at the end of Market Street this week, towards the corner of Market and Clinch. 

Just a reminder--I will be selling my baked goods and pastries at two locations over the winter. Tea At the Gallery is a calm, civilized space for tea-lovers on Kingston Pike in Bearden, and they have been very accommodating and gracious. I should have breakfast items for sale there starting the second week in January, and hopefully some items on their menu as well.

The Local is a new butcher shop opening in on Calderwood Road (across from the Shrimp Dock) in Alcoa that will feature products from local farmers and producers. I will have croissants, granola, shortbreads, loaves of bread, and much more for sale there starting mid-January. Please check out this space--it's a fledgling business with a lot of promise, but it needs your support if it is to thrive.

Finally, it is time for me to announce my baked offerings for the last market. See you there!

-Croissants (plain, chocolate, almond, and ham and cheese)--$3, $4, and $5

-Pumpkin White Chocolate Scones--$3

-Cranberry Orange Scones--$3

-Pomegranate Almond Tarts--$5

-Quiche With Local Greens and Butternut Squash--$5

-*Dark Sticky Ginger Cakes--$5

-*Bourbon-Soaked Fruit Cakes--$12

-Earl Grey Truffles--$1 apiece

-Ginger Liqueur Truffles--$1 apiece

-*Homemade Herbal Bitters--$3/bottle

-*Mulling Spices--$2/bag

-*Bakers' Bundles--$12 (vanilla extract, vanilla sugar, and vanilla beans)

-*Caramel Pumpkin Seed Brittle--$3/bag

-*Seeded Granola--$7/bag

-*Chocolate Rosewater Shortbreads--$2/bag

-*Spiced Caramels--$3/bag

*These items make great last-minute gifts or stocking stuffers!

No comments:

Post a Comment