Saturday, January 5, 2013

Little Blue Business Status Update

Hi folks!

I hope all of you had an outstanding and delicious holiday season/New Year. Personally, I'm eating more salads and drinking plenty of veggie juice in an attempt to stay snappy in the new year, but as a baker I can't help but ogle my new cookbooks and dream of pastries!

Unfortunately, The Little Blue Baking Company will not be in operation the next few months. For some very complex family-related reasons, I will be taking something of a sabbatical. This past year has proven to be an incredible one. The markets have been so much fun, and I've met many fabulous people. I have been overwhelmed by Knoxville's kind and gracious spirit and the lovely people within it. What started out as an experiment became a thriving small business, and I have begun to find my voice as a baker.

I want to apologize for the sudden nature of this change in plans. I had every intention of supplying The Local in Alcoa and Tea At the Gallery in Bearden with my pastries and baked goods, and I still highly recommend that you check out these wonderful local businesses. I will be doing some consulting with Tea At the Gallery for their menu, and they're changing things up for the better--if you've never experienced a real tea service, you should check them out.

The Local will be offering local meats and products by many local artisans--it's an exciting business venture and one that needs community support to survive, so please support Shawn Banks and the producers supplying him with fine food goods. Check out the Facebook page for more info.

Finally, while I am not baking on a large scale right now, I am open to special orders. If any of you would like to order some of the pastries or baked goods you've come to know and love, give me a holler at petitbleu88 at gmail dot com. There will be a minimum for ordering (i.e. I can't just make two croissants!), but most of my baked goods freeze very well.

Thank you so much for your incredible support this year. I hope you all know just how much I appreciate you--you've given me the confidence and experience to progress with my business in whatever form it may take. I wish you all the best.

xoxo
meg

No comments:

Post a Comment