Wednesday, April 18, 2012

gearing up for first market

I'm nervous.
Nervous and excited and antsy.
It's like the first day of school, my first contra dance outing, my first speech.
I've read over my recipes again and again, retested a few things that I felt needed retesting, bought all my last-minute groceries, and planned out everything to the nth degree. I know I'm ready, but I'm still nervous.
Mostly, I'm nervous about being the new baker at market, when I know that the established bakers already have a loyal following. I'm nervous about having to charge a little more than my competition for my baked goods because I use high-quality ingredients. I'm nervous because I don't know what Knoxvillians like or want.
I'm betting on the chance that you'll try me out. Ask me questions. Get to know me a little. I'm betting that people will remember the old adage that you get what you pay for.

market list 4/21/12:
-white cheddar-scallion buttermilk biscuits (vermont cheddar; organic scallions; og flour)
-strawberry-vanilla buttermilk scones (cruze farm buttermilk; colvin family farm strawberries)
-lemon-thyme spelt scones (with thyme from my organic herb garden; og spelt)
-coffee kuchen with streusel topping
-rhubarb coffee cake (og local rhubarb)
-mini mushroom-shallot quiches (cage free local eggs)
-breakfast cookies with golden raisins and candied ginger (og rolled oats)
-little blue's signature ideal granola (local sorghum; og rolled oats and seeds)
-banana-apricot loaf (og fair trade bananas)
-arnold palmer loaf (og lemons)
-gluten-free hazelnut brownies (og hazelnuts; valrhona cocoa powder)
-mimosa pound cake (og oranges)
-lime-cardamom shortbread (og limes)
-chocolate-chili shortbread
-pepita brittle (og pumpkin seeds)
-spicy white cheddar buttons (vermont cheddar)
-fluted french apple pie (og apples)

I'm looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday! Come by to taste my granola--it's strictly the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment