Friday, May 4, 2012

Today in the Kitchen

Today was great. The first day in my rented kitchen that went smoothly. I didn't forget anything, burn anything, drop anything, or have to stay until 8 p.m. The trouble with renting a kitchen an hour away from your home is that when you forget something, it's for keeps...or at least there's no backtracking to get what you forgot. I'm becoming a demon list-maker in the process, and it seems that I remembered everything this time.
And more good news to go along with that--I have perfected my cheddar scallion biscuit recipe. They're big and beautiful and nicely cheesy. I'm increasing the price only because they're a lot bigger than the past two weeks--you might even call them cathead biscuits. If you haven't tried them, you really should. I also baked a double batch of my gluten-free hazelnut brownies because they've sold out at the past two markets. I underestimated the chocolate cravings of Saturday morning Knoxville, and for that I apologize.
A word about the brownies: I use a combination of white rice flour, brown rice flour, sweet rice flour, and tapioca starch instead of all-purpose flour. Those hazelnuts are organic Oregon hazelnuts from Freddy Guys.
For now, I have to get back to planning for market. In the meantime, feast upon my Saturday offerings.

--Cheddar Scallion Cathead Biscuits--$4 (don't be afraid--they go down easy)
--Lemon Blueberry Scones--$3
--Apricot Almond Spelt Scones--$3
--Little Blue Granola--$8/12 oz; $5/8 oz
--Buttermilk Espresso Coffee Cake--$3/slice
--Vegan Pumpkin Bread--$3/slice or $5/mini loaf (you'll never know it's vegan)
--Banana Apricot Bread--$3/slice or $5/mini loaf
--Vanilla Bean Bundt Cake--$4/slice (made with actual vanilla beans)
--Fresh Ginger Cakelets--$2 or $5 for 3 cakelets (spicy and sweet)
--Gluten-Free Hazelnut Brownies--$3
--Broccoli Rabe Shallot Quiches--$5 (take one home for lunch!)
--Chocolate Chunk Cookies--$3
--Spicy Ginger Cookies--$3 (fresh, candied, and dried ginger)
--Pumpkin Seed Brittle--$4/4 oz

No comments:

Post a Comment